At Oakland Holiday Park, we are committed to ensuring the safety and comfort of our owners, staff and our local community as the UK begins the process of recovery following the coronavirus pandemic.
Our park supports hundreds of local jobs within the community – from our team on park to the local businesses such as restaurants, cafes, garages, butchers, shops etc. Therefore, we have a responsibility to ensure the safety without our community as we begin the process of reopening our holiday park.
Working closely with the British Holiday & Home Parks Association (BH&HPA) we have set out a plan for reopening. Details of this can be found below.
Owner safety, social distancing & hygiene policy
We ask all our owners and staff to adhere to a number of key points to maximise safety on our park.
- Only travel to your holiday home if you are fit to do so and advise us if your are becoming unwell following your visit.
- Leave the park immediately if you are becoming unwell, and self-isolate at your home.
- When on the park, respect and adhere to our social distancing and hygiene policies.
- Your caravan should only be used by members of the same family group.
- No social gatherings should take place inside caravans.
Opening to Owners
We will be opening Oakland Holiday Park at 10am on Saturday 4th July.
We ask that our owners comply with our social distancing policy set out below, as well as current government guidelines and legislation. Please respect our staff & our local community.
Social Distancing Policy
- We ask all owners and staff to maintain a safe 2m distance from each other where possible. Where this is not possible, please make sure a minimum distance of 1m is adhered to.
- In instances where this may not be possible, we will be adding additional shielding measures and/or PPE to maintain safe interaction.
- In some areas of the park we may introduce a one-way system or spaced-out queuing to avoid close contact with others.
- Only one member of your party should visit reception or any other accessible area of the park at one time.
- No visitors or third party contractors are to be allowed on to the park, without prior written consent from Park management.
- Where possible, avoid face to face interactions by calling reception by telephone and paying for gas cylinders etc over the phone.
- Where possible we will be placing visual markers and signage to help you adhere to social distancing guidelines when using the park.
As well as asking our owners to continue maintaining personal hygiene standards (regularly washing hands an using disposable tissues to catch any coughs or sneezes) we’ll also be implementing a number of enhanced hygiene measures on our park in order to reduce any risk of contamination.
- Use of disinfectant when cleaning communal areas of the park.
- Frequent deep cleaning and disinfecting of high football areas and surfaces, such as Reception.
- Providing gloves and PPE for our staff.
- Introduction of hand sanitising stations near entrances/exits of communal areas where possible.
Hygiene is a huge priority for us, and our park staff will be on hand ensuring our superb cleanliness standards are maintained across the park.
Summary of ‘Need to Know’ points for returning to park
To welcome you back to our park, we have created a short summary of specific ‘Need to Knows’ to ensure a seamless experience on park.
1. Essential/Emergency Works
Any essential or emergency work you require will continue to take place, albeit the way these works are conducted may differ to normal, we have outlined areas which we have classed as essential or emergency works:
- No hot water/heating
- No electricity
- Water leaks
- Gas & Electrical testing will be available at the discretion of the 3rd party contractor conduction the works.
- Gas bottle delivery.
Should you require any assistance on any of the above, please contact the park reception by telephone (01902 851302) or email (email@example.com).
Please note Park staff will not enter any caravan whist it is occupied, all occupants will have to leave the caravan should any of the above works require a member of the park staff to enter the caravan. No other works should be completed on your caravan during this period whilst the caravan is occupied, any routine maintenance related jobs, including warranty or after sales jobs, can be undertaken when the caravan has been unoccupied for at least 72 hours.
2. Contactless Payment
To limit risk to Park staff and caravan owners, we are encouraging the use of contactless payment methods including over the phone or direct bank transfer. If you are unable to use these methods and need to pay in person, please pay by contactless or card in reception to reduce risk and only allow one person within your party to enter the reception at a time.
3. Opening Our Facilities
We plan to open our Park Reception and Laundry Room at the same time as welcoming you back onto the park. We will be putting in place a number of policies and steps in order to maintain hygiene and social distancing standard within them.
The Fitness Suite, Bar & Swimming Pool will not open on the 4th July but will remain closed until a later date. We aim to review these soon after the re-opening of the park and will communicate any changes with customers in due course.
4. Contacting Us
In the meantime, should you require any assistance on the above or wish to talk about anything related to your caravan during this time, please contact the Park Reception by telephone (01902 851302) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thank you for taking the time to read the above. We look forward to welcoming you back on Park.
Please contact us if you have any questions
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
OAKLAND HOLIDAY PARK
The park is set in the picturesque Staffordshire countryside close to the Shropshire border. Located approximately 3/4 of a mile from the historic village of Brewood. You can enjoy peace, tranquillity and relax in this wonderful rural setting.
Oakland Holiday Park, Shutt Green Lane
Nr. Brewood, Staffordshire